In Our Names Network is seeking an
The In Our Names Network is a national network of over 20 national and local organizations, campaigns and individuals working to end police violence against Black women, girls, trans and gender nonconforming people. We formed in 2016 during a Network Gathering at the Allied Media Conference. Since then, we have been creating, gathering, and sharing resources and calls for action for individuals, families, and communities responding to and demanding justice in cases of police violence.
Working with the advisory board, the Executive Director is charged with advancing the goals of In Our Names Network. The executive director will work to align and coordinate the organization’s overall efforts by providing thought leadership to lead organizational assessments. They will strategically position IONN to meet the ever changing conditions of Black women, girls, trans and gender nonconforming survivors of police violence, mounting threats, and opportunities. The executive director will cultivate strategic partnerships while stewarding organizational wide projects. They will identify areas of organizational growth while strengthening, and bolstering the organization’s culture, internal system and leadership.
Working with the advisory board, the Executive Director is charged with advancing the goals of In Our Names Network in the following ways:
Aligning and coordinating the organization’s overall efforts;
Providing thought leadership to lead organizational assessments, and strategically position IONN to meet the ever changing conditions of Black women, girls, trans and gender nonconforming survivors of police violence, mounting threats, and opportunities;
Cultivating strategic partnerships and stewarding organizational wide projects;
Identifying areas of organizational growth and strengthening, and bolstering the organization’s culture, internal system and leadership.
Qualified applicants must have:
● Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Excellent time and project management skills; ability to effectively multitask, work on tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities, and pivot to respond to current events and organizational needs while maintaining attention to detail;
● Must have a strong working knowledge of management strategies, organizational development, program/campaign development and external relationships
● Must have experience and savvy in providing tactical and strategic thought leadership and action in order to advance In Our Names Network campaigns, collaborative projects, and coalitions
● Ability to think strategically
●Deep commitment to Black queer/trans feminist politic, PIC abolition, and elevating voices from marginalized communities
● Experience with or deep interest in community organizing, activism, gender justice, ending police violence
Job Details and How to Apply
This role’s salary range is $90,000 and includes a competitive benefits package including: employer sponsored Medical, Vision, Dental, FSA, and retirement matching. It is a full-time position. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this job will operate in a remote capacity with 15-20% travel.
The ideal start date for this role is September 1, 2023.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Last Name, First Initial - In Our Names Network”
All completed applications received by July 31. 2023 will be considered.
Allied Media Projects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, height, weight, veteran status or marital status.